Wounds and Lacerations: Emergency Care and Closure (Expert Consult - Online and Print), 4e
With Wounds and Lacerations: Emergency C and Closure, you'll get clear, concise guidance on the latest techniques and strategies for treating lacerations, wounds, and burns. This medical reference book will help you optimize every aspect of patient c based on current literature and guidelines.
- Expedite review and reference with a bulleted "Key Practice Points" section at the beginning of each chapter.
- Quickly reference the latest recommendations for tetanus and rabies prophylaxis.
- Implement the latest approaches for the use of ultrasound in foreign-body detection and removal; use of absorbable sutures on the face and hand; approaching complicated infections such as MRSA; managing chronic wounds seen in elderly and diabetic patients; applying new suture techniques and materials for pediatric patients; and updated recommendations for tetanus and rabies prophylaxis.
- Get step-by-step visual guidance on all aspects of wound c through more than 300 detailed line drawings and photographs showing techniques for wound essment, irrigation, closure, wound dressing, foreign body removal, administration of local anesthesia, and follow-up c.
- Quickly find all the relevant information necessary to treat patients with material that focuses only on injuries that handled by emergency physicians.
- On the scene or at the hospital, search the complete contents online at expertconsult.com.
Master the art of healing wounds and lacerations with clear, concise guidance on everything from the patient's arrival in the ED to discharge and follow-up c.